Imperium International College has awarded many scholarships to encourage academically inclined Malaysian and international students who display leadership qualities to pursue tertiary education at our institutions. Many of these recipients have completed their courses and have embarked on successful careers. Imperium International College welcomes both new and continuing students of merit to apply for scholarships and study awards.
To date, we have given out approximately RM2 million in scholarships and bursaries.
Imperium International College offers a variety of scholarships and financial aids which include:
- Distinction Awards
- Merit Awards
- Packaged-Pathway Bursaries
Students may also consider study and education loans such as Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional Malaysia (PTPTN) and Employee Provident Fund (EPF) withdrawal to fund for their higher education.
For more information on the eligibility and application process, you can read more below:
The PTPTN Education Loan Scheme was created for the purpose of providing educational loans to students studying at local Higher Education Institutions. This education loan will allow students to pay in full or part of the tuition fees as well as the cost of living throughout the study period. At the same time, it opens up more opportunities for all students to pursue higher education.
- Diploma in Accountancy
- IIC Diploma in BusinessDiploma in Business
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Business Information System
- Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Tourism Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Aged not more than 45 years on the date of application.
- Obtain the letter of offer from Imperium International College and meeting the entry requirements of the programme set by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE) and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- The programme applied must be approved by MOHE and registered with PTPTN.
- The programme applied must have the Certificate of Accreditation from MQA and still within the validity period at the date of application.
- Applicants must be a full time diploma or first degree student at Imperium International College.
- Applicants must not have any other sponsor(s).
- The remaining period of study at the time of application must not be less than one year (12 months) and exclude extended semester(s).
- Applicants must open a Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional (SSPN-i) account with a minimum deposit of RM20 at any PTPTN branches/counter or via online at PTPTN / SSPN websites.
- Applicants must open a CIMB account.
Note: Students are required to settle their tuition fees every semester within the deadlines set by the college while waiting for the loan to be disbursed to students’ account. A late payment penalty charge of RM100 per subject will be imposed for payment made after the deadlines.
|Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH)
Student or parent/guardian must be the recipient of the BSH
|Maximum loan amount|
|Monthly household income does not exceed RM8,000 (not listed under BSH)||75% of the maximum loan amount|
|Monthly household income exceeds RM8,000 (not listed under BSH)||50% of the maximum loan amount|
|Programmes||Total Loan Amount (Per Year)|
|Maximum (RM)||75% (RM)||50% (RM)|
|Bachelor Degree (Sciences & Engineering)||14,030||10,520||7,010|
|Bachelor Degree (Arts)||13,600||10,200||6,800|
- Once PTPTN has accepted all the submitted documents and approved the loan application, the loan will be disbursed directly into the designated CIMB saving account. However, the loan may be credited directly to IIC’s account in instances where students have outstanding fees due.
- Generally, the first disbursement will be 1 (one) month after the approval of documents. It is student’s responsibility to check their account.
- Loan disbursement to students for the following semester will be made based on the following conditions:
(a) Still pursuing studies; and
(b) Passed the examination in the previous semester with a GPA of 2.00 and above
- Payments are made twice per academic year during the 2 long semesters, except for UOL programmes.
- Short semester and internship semester are not covered.
- Students who received the PTPTN loan must hold the insurance coverage provided to protect the loan based on the study period and loan repayment period.
- Insurance company will be appointed by PTPTN.
- The premium will be deducted before the loan amount is disbursed into the designated CIMB savings account.
The disbursement of loan will be suspended in a particular semester due to any of the following reasons:
(a) Obtained a GPA of less than 2.00 or fail, in the previous semester examination
(b) Deferment of studies
- The loan will be terminated if a student:
(a) Fails to continue in the programme
(b) Receives sponsorship from other organisation(s)
(c) Withdraws from the college
(d) Changes their programme
- Student who wish to cancel the loan throughout the study duration have to complete the “Borang Pembatalan Perjanjian” which is available at PTPTN website.
- When the loan is terminated, student is required to repay the loan amount taken during the duration of study.
- A written appeal must be submitted to PTPTN if the student is unable to repay the loan amount taken during the duration of study.
- Student is to communicate directly with PTPTN on issue of repayment.
- Students who wish to transfer to another programme throughout the study duration, have to complete the “Borang Permohonan Pertukaran Kursus”, which is available at PTPTN website.
- If approved, the PTPTN loan will be transferred under the new programme, whereby students will receive the remaining disbursement.
- One year (12 months) after completed the programme, graduates must make payment to repay the loan to PTPTN. Graduates to communicate with PTPTN on the loan repayment issue.
- Graduates with First Class Honours in their degree programme may apply for exemption of loan repayment, within a year after completing their programme.
Employees Provident Fund (EPF) Withdrawal Scheme for Education
- Below 55 years of age
- Have savings in Account II
- Currently pursuing or completed a participating programme
- Member may withdraw up to the maximum amount of the tuition fees or all of the balance in Account II, whichever is lower
- Check your balance amount in Account II
- Request for supporting documents from IIC Registry Department
- Complete the KWSP 9H (AHL) form
- Submit the form and supporting documents to EPF
- For first time withdrawal, you are required to submit IIC Offer Letter. For subsequent withdrawals, you are required to submit certified true copy of exam results
- Tuition fees and other charges imposed by the college / external exam bodies
- Outstanding study loan
- Hostel and accommodation fees
- One-way flight for students studying outstation, in the first year only